(Click here for Queensland private site links.)
(Click here for Queensland corporate site links.)
(Click here for Australia wide heritage and private site links.)
(Click here for worldwide sites on Australian Rail.)
(Click here for a portfolio of sites that I have built.)
Links to Queensland Railway Specific Sites.
Heritage/Tourist Railway Sites.
- The Workshops Rail Museum - Ipswich This site contains information on The Workshops Rail Museum. One of the finest railway museums in Australia, it is located in Ipswich, birthplace of Queensland Railways.
- Queensland Pioneer Steam Railway (QPSR) is a volunteer non-profit rail organisation running steam and diesel motive power at Swanbank near Ipswich Queensland. This site contains information about the organisation, operating times etc.
- The Brisbane Tramway Museum. In June 1968, The Brisbane City Council announced its intention to close down its tramways and change over to an all bus transport system. A public meeting was soon convened with a view to preserving a representative collection of the city's tramcars. Thus the Brisbane Tramway Museum Society was born.
- ATRQ - Association Tourist Railways Queensland The Association's members are operators of heritage and tourist railways or other organisations based in Queensland, with an interest in the preservation and operation of rail heritage for all Australians, and visitors to our country.
- The Southern Downs Steam Railway. Their station is based on the site of Warwick's former Locomotive Depot, before closing in 1969. Now called the Warwick Railway Precinct, it is the site of C17 locomotive and carriage restoration, as well as housing historical documents and artifacts.
- Downsteam Tourist Railway and Museum is based at Drayton, Toowoomba and runs an extensive museum featuring preserved Queensland locos, rollingstock and other rail related items of historical significance. It also holds on site tours, runs corporate events, special events and group functions.
- The Australian Narrow Gauge Railway Museum Society (ANGRMS) Situated at Woodford, just north west of Brisbane, ANGRMS is dedicated to the preservation of locomotives and rolling stock used on the Queensland sugar mill tramways.
- Mary Valley Heritage Railway (MVHR) is based in Gympie. Unfortunately MVHR and 'Valley Rattler' services into the Mary Valley have been suspended for the moment but it's anticipated to be back up and running in December 2017.
- Australian Railway Historical Society Queensland Division is a volunteer non-profit organisation based at Rosewood.
Railway Enthusiast's Private Sites.
- SIGQ - Signalling Interest Group Queensland was founded in 2003 by Frank Tybislawski to provide a forum where people interested in the history and development of railway signalling and safeworking systems, specifically as used in Queensland, could share information.
- The Queensland Diesel Restoration Group is a privately funded volunteer group dedicated to the history and restoration of ex Queensland Railway diesel locomotives.
- Phil Martin's Train Photos has loads of images of trains, locos and infrastructre from all around Queensland and New South Wales. Worth a good look!
- Weston Langford Railway Photography has been photographing and documenting railways and related infrastructure Australian wide since 1960. The site has over 35,000 photos with a good search facility to find what you want. AWESOME is not enough to describe this site!
- QRIG.org An extremely comprehensive database on Queensland Railways maintained by Dean Stalker and the team. Incorporates the QRIG user group.
- Kimball Thurlow's Web Site Queensland Railways Steam Engines Portfolio by Kimball Thurlow.
- Peter and Susan's Web Site Lots of info on Queensland's Railways and railway related places in Queensland plus info about my other passion! Tim-Tams!! Nice!!
Links to other Australian heritage and private sites.
- New South Wales Rail Museum The NSW Rail museum based at Thirlmere in Sydney's southwest is home to a significant rail heritage collection, including over 100 rolling stock items, associated with the history of railways in NSW.
- Australian Steam Preserved Locos Downunder provides a listing of surviving Australian steam locomotives, including location and status. Locomotives are listed by their state of origin.
- The Bellarine Peninsula Railway The Bellarine Peninsula Railway operates a collection of heritage trains from around Australia on 16 km of restored track from historic Queenscliff to Drysdale on Victoria's beautiful Bellarine Peninsula near Geelong. Their collection includes a number of examples of exQR rollingstock and Loco PB15-454.
- The Goulburn Crookwell Heritage Railway The Goulburn Crookwell Heritage Railway is a non-profit organisation whose aim is the protection, preservation, promotion and restoration of the historic Goulburn to Crookwell branch line. New South Wales, Australia.
- Australian Railway Historical Society. Redfern. N.S.W. Founded in May 1933. ARHS is dedicated to the study, restoration, preservation and running of the historic railways of Australia.
- 3801 Limited Running historic Australian trains and tours. Learn more about them from here and even book a tour!
- Puffing Billy Railway One of Australia's most famous tourist railways! This century-old steam train is still running on its original mountain track from Belgrave to Gembrook in the scenic Dandenong Ranges, just 40 km east of Melbourne, Victoria.
- The Zig Zag Tourist Railway is in Lithgow New South Wales. Since the disastrous bushfire of October 2013 which swept through the railway destroying infrastructure, machinery and rollingstock, volunteers have been working hard in the hope to have the railway restored to running order by late 2017.
- Glenreagh Mountain Railway Glenreagh railway line is situated 40 minutes drive from Coffs Harbour. Opened in 1924, the line climbs 736 m in 69 kms via steep grades, sharp curves, 15 bridges and 2 tunnels.
Random pages found on Queensland Railways from sites around the World
- The Signal Box Extensive information on signalling infrastructure in Australia including Queensland.
Other sites that I have built for myself and others
- The story of the Alfa Romeo Alfasud - An Australian Perspective A scaled down and reworked version of a site I built on Alfasuds many years ago. I thought the work I put into it and the info was still worth throwing on line for any who may have an interest in the poor old Sud!
- Arthur Shale is a new up and coming Author of historic and very funny historical novels, science fiction and soon, crime novels! Check out his home page and his novels available NOW on Kindle.
This page Copyright © Colin B Power 2017. Queensland. Australia.