PLEASE READ FIRST
Click on any of the links, in the index below, to go directly to the image album that may interest you. To view full size images within the album, simply click on the thumbnail image. Whilst on the full size image clicking on the 'i' (information symbol) to the right of each image, will bring up a caption about the image.
Before you check out the images, you may wish to check out the glossary first, to familiarise your self with the some of the official and not so official, acronyms and terms I use on this site.
Photo Gallery Index
- Glossary of terms and acronyms
The 'Lander' Trains - my tribute.
- My Collection of 'Lander' train photos I have taken over the years. Not as many as I thought I had but hope they are still of interest anyway.
- Photos I took of the north bound Sunlander on Thursday 26-June-2014 just before its departure at 13:25 hrs from its origin point, Roma Street Station (Brisbane, Queensland).
- Photos of the southbound Sunlander at Townsville on the 12th August 2006. This train was to be my accomodation and ride home back to Brisbane during this and the following day.
- Townsville 2003 Photos taken of rail action around Townsville, North Queensland during my holidays there in 2003. Good memories here.
- Townsville 2001 Rail action around Townsville, North Queensland' during my holidays there in 2001. Some great pictures of the old Townsville Station.
Railway Infrastructure-Past and Present
- Riverlink/North Ipswich Preserved Rail Remnants. 13 Jun 2016.
- Images from the 13th Feb 2016 open day of the new Wulkuraka Maintenance Facilty designed for the new Brisbane Suburban NGR (700 series EMU) units.
- Esk Station and surrounds, once part of the now abandoned Brisbane Valley Line, as it stands of 6th Jan 2016.
- Over the border! Photos taken of the now abandoned Murwillimbah Branch (North Coast) Line in northern NSW. Taken 3rd and 4th May 2013.
- Remnants of Cane Train infrastructure in Nambour on 31st March 2013.
- Lowood Station, once part of the Brisbane Valley Line, as it stands of 22nd Sept 2012.
- Various Locations-Queensland's Railway Infrastructure
Diesel Motive Power
- Preserved 1270 Class English Electric Loco 1281 'Century'
- Queensland Rail, Cairns (Diesel) Tilt Train (CTT)
- Goninan/GE 2800 Class Locos
- Pacific National Queensland Locos
- QRN/Aurizon GM/Clyde 1720 Class Locos
- 50th Anniversary Southern Aurora at Clapham (Brisbane). (23-Apr-2012).
- Locos, Wagons and Infrastructure at Redbank Yard (14-Apr-2012)
- Goninan/GE 2600 Class Locos
- Other Diesel Motive Power
Steam Motive Power
- QPSR Swanbank. Photos I have taken from visits over the years.
- BB18¼-1089 hauling an SX set is caught on camera as it runs its last trip to Grandchester from Ipswich completing a week of driver training. (27-Jun-2014).
- Rosewood Railway Museum Easter running day.(27-Apr-2014).
- BB18 1/4 1089 at Roma Street hauling 'Steam Train Sunday' train, Brisbane.(07-July-2013).
- Mary Valley Heritage Railway and the 'Valley Rattler' at Gympie during visits on 19-May-2012 and 15-Jan-2012.
- C17-974 at Roma Street hauling Sunshine Express tour to Landsborough.(06-Nov-2010).
- Other Steam Motive Power
Carriages and Wagons
- VTJ 23520 Ballast Wagon at Brisbane Maritime Museum (15-Apr-2012)
- Other Carriages and Wagons
Electric Motive Power
- Aurizon/QR National, Electric Locos
- Queensland Rail, Rockhampton (Electric) Tilt Trains (RTT)
- Queensland Rail, Brisbane Suburban Units and ICE Trains (except for orignal EMU sets).
- Queensland Rail, Brisbane's original EMU sets.
- Photos of ex Gulflander Railmotor RM 74 on display at Redlands Museum. (14-Sep-2014).
- Other Railmotors
- Brisbane Trams at Brisbane Tramway Musuem
- Images of Brisbane Tram 440 in peaceful retirement at Rosevale, Queensland.
The Gold Coast Light Rail Project
- Taking a ride on the newly operational Gold Coast Light Rail network on Tuesday 29th July 2014. Revenue services had only begun a week before on Monday 21st July 2014.
- Photos I took of progress on the project and the new Flexity 2 trams while they were running for driver training on the 29th November, 2013.
- The progress thus far on the Gold Coast Light Rail project. Photos taken during a trip to the Gold Coast on the 6th May, 2013.
- Maryborough, Trainfest 2000
- Arthur's Gallery
- Mixed Motive Power
This page Copyright © Colin B Power 2017. Queensland. Australia.